Search This Blog

Friday, May 16, 2014

First Ever Visit to a Police Station..!!

This post comes next in the sequence of my earlier post Unforgettable Discovery of Loss.!!

After experiencing a peculiar reaction from my colleague about the loss of passport, the only thing I did say was that "We need to go to the police station". My colleague was baffled and inquired, why would we need to go to the police station. I said, now since the passport is lost, we don't have any option but to go the police station. He insisted that we should first trace back the path to see if we can find it ourselves. I was skeptical about the idea and once again mentioned that " The path we navigated through, to reach "The Star" was pretty crowded. I did not feel that we would get it back retracing it, so I mentioned, instead we should directly go and lodge a complaint with the police first. 

My colleague asked for trying ourselves one more time. Ultimately, I agreed and started to follow the same path, with utmost attention, provided that I am good at and like observing things, in spite of being stressful this was a cakewalk for me. I quickly retraced the path back to the hotel and till the tram station at the other end but all in vain. While I was walking back towards the harbor, covering more than halfway, I saw my colleague coming back from "The Star"(I was so deeply indulged in finding the document back that I had lost track of where he was and the speed with which he was heading back towards the hotel), this is when I also noticed a tram heading in the same direction as I was. I waived at the driver. He stopped and then I asked him the address of the nearest police station.





My colleague managed to come nearby and asked what am I trying to do. At that time, this tram guy was telling me of the directions and the name of the police station. My colleague asked once again "Police station?" I informed him that I have already traced back the path 1.5 - 2 times and could not find anything. He suggested to try one more time. I was in no mood to pay heed to him this time. I simply asked him to continue searching while I go and lodge a complaint with the local police.

My colleague suggested that probably I should continue searching while he would go to the police station. It was strangely astonishing and hardly made any sense to me. I asked him of what would he do going to the police station without me. I was the one whose passport was lost and hence, I should be the one to go & lodge an FIR while he could continue looking for it if he wants. He was then interested to come along with me to the police station. I was ok with it. So, I continued asking the tram guy who then offered that he would drop us to a place very close to the police station. Very soon did we reach the drop point and the police station was just a couple of blocks away from there.

We reached the police station by 9:50 pm. 

to be continued..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

मुक्ताजी,
आप एक समर्थ लेखीका हो. आपकि लिखनेकी शैली बहुत प्रभावी है.

Post a Comment