Search This Blog

Sunday, January 25, 2015

I Am Awesome!


“The better you feel about yourself, the less you feel the need to show off.” 
― Robert Hand

Right since I came here, I have been going around for local meetups to get acquainted with local folks, explore and learn more about this place, culture etc. It has been a rewarding experience so far, met some really nice people and had a good time trying a variety of things.

I went to attend one, organized by a local non-profit yesterday. They posted the same event with two different start times, in two different groups. I was right on time as per the second post, maybe 5-10 minutes early. I parked the car and was waiting outside till everyone else shows up, for plenty of people signed up for this event.  Plus, there were no markings on properties around, I could not find the right building anyways.


A few minutes later, someone else showed up. He asked me if I was there for the same event. Thereon, two of us decided to wait for a few more minutes. He introduced himself , his name, what he does etc. So did I. During this time, we strolled around the place, we could even spot the building. But seemed like there was no one in there. He mentioned that he had been driving around the place for quite a while but did not see anybody yet. 

Within a few minutes, we found another person, who lived nearby, came there for the same occasion but was waiting for others. We all decided to park next to the building and wait till 6:00 pm. The person I met first, introduced himself to the new guy and then we talked for, maybe, another 2-3 mins. He seemed to be very proud of himself and his work, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Good to meet people who like their work so much!

In the next one minute, he mentioned that he makes a lot of money out of nowhere(at least, I found it off-topic),. He reiterated it. I guess two more times, which made me think .... OK, Good For You! I simply grazed away to see if there was anyone else who might have come to join us. 


“Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.” - Bruce Lee

And it definitely kills conversations, anyways..!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's really strange that a person started boasting about how much money he makes. That seems like a looser. Nice, wise and good mannered people never should boast about the money even to close friends and relatives. One should never boast...if at all they have to boast, then they should boast about their real good deeds and that also without naming anybody. Glad you kept this person away!

Post a Comment