Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2015

( Pending ) Random Act of Kindness..!!

One of those days when you run into a, complete stranger, one of those nice people, one never has perfect words for, to mirror them on paper.

Well, I met this old lady this morning, in a sale. I was confused about something, so I asked this person(her), next in queue, a question and she offered to pay my bill. That was really strange, well to be frank, astonishingly weird and kind. Have not seen anyone, a total stranger, offering that to me in India. I don't expect it either. In fact, I would not like someone paying for me more than often.

I was baffled. I said, "Why would you do that for me? I do well. Please do it for someone who can't afford something they really need'. She insisted. I repeated my premise, garnished with slightly different words this time. I handed over the goods to the lady at the billing counter. While she was doing her job, she greeted the lady next to me in line. We were still talking about her offer. She added "I knew you would not let me do this, that's why I offered this to you. You gotta learn to be a little mean". I just requested her to help someone who really needs it.

While I was leaving the counter, she promptly kept something in my palm and closed it tight. I was checking on my stuff and realized that it was money at the exit door. I kept standing there, waiting for her. I tried to give it back to her, tried as hard as I could. Taking money from a total stranger for no reason, seemed too odd to me.


She mentioned of doing something similar to a couple of other people. I said "I will really appreciate if you would do something nice for someone who really needs it" She said "Why don't you do it for someone on my behalf. Please don't ask me of my name." She gave me a hug and went away.

I feel a burden, too heavy and I guess it's gonna be with me until I do something nice for someone who really needs it :-(

1 comment:

Vinay Nagaraju said...

Lovely - It is kinda nice when people show how great they can be and make us see the beauty and innocence of things.. Random acts of kindness indeed - thanks for the share mate :)

Post a Comment