Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Whatever Happens..!!

I was reading this post "Hypothetical Scenarios: If you were ever held at gunpoint, what would you say to the gunman" on quora the other day. Though, I didn't realize 'why' then...

Every time I hear about an incident that involves someone held at gunpoint, it scratches the surface of an event buried deep down somewhere, something I had gotten over the very next hour it happened. I never did think or felt the need to think about it again(until a few days back, and I don't know why), nor did I converse about it with anyone, neither family nor friends. I know it happened(what/why/how for some other day, and in some other post) but I am cent percent, at peace with this memory ever since it occurred. An experience that taught me a great deal about life, about how important it is to smell the roses.

“There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be...” 
― John Lennon

I always mocked at those scenes in movies, in which the protagonist goes into a realm of flashback, moment(s) before they die or are about to die, thinking of all that they missed to do and/or people they couldn't bid adieu to, one last time. I thought that did not make any sense, no one could think about anything else but getting out of that situation, saving their lives(somehow) when faced with a deadly situation like that. There is no doubt it could be different for each person.

When that barrel was pressed hard against the back of my head, I learnt more than I could in a rather long time..
  • Smell the roses, while you can, life could be too short and unimaginably unpredictable.
  • Closures are important, including the last goodbye to your loved ones, family, friends and well-wishers.
  • Human brain is astonishing. The number and the spectrum of thoughts that could run through, in a split second, could never be gauged.
  • Survival instincts are hard-wired, doesn't require any practice.
  • And now, when it's over : "Whatever happens, I'm ready to face it."  ― Ernie Harwell .. All set to face worst of the worst :-)



4 comments:

AMIT KUMAR said...

YOUR ARTICLE IS REALLY NICE...YOU ARE BLESSED WITH VERY GOOD SKILLS OF WRITING...

Unknown said...

Quite an intriguing post, I would surely reflect on the past too at such times.

xoxo Chaicy
Style.. A Pastiche! - styleapastiche. com

Mukta Dhanuka said...

Amit - Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you liked it.

Chaicy - I did reflect, a) firstly, while this incident occurred(my brain worked 10x, 100x, 1000x or may be 10000x.. to introspect my whole life in a few seconds ) b). for an hour post this incident, or else I could have never ever been able to be at peace with it.

Anonymous said...

Mukta,
I am happy in spite of that incident, you are well and comfortable. You can only do what you can do, and you certainly did that. So be proud and be happy. Also as I know, you are already brave and have enormous strength. Take care Mukta.

Post a Comment