Search This Blog

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Random Act of Kindness # 5


Well, I visited 'Bobabia' after the DMV appointment to order a milkshake. Their mixer was broken. The owner asked me to pick something else from the menu. I didn't really want to get a bubble tea, but needed something to drink, so ordered a lavender milk tea. 

He got my drink in less than 3 mins. I was about to turn around and leave the place, when he said "Your milkshake will be free the next time you come." 

To which I responded "So many people come here every day, you would not even remember me next time." 

His reply was that he does not forget his customers.

I smiled in disbelief and left the place. I am a picky eater. I did not really like the drink and I actually thought that I was never going back to that place.


I had totally forgotten about this incident. I met a friend for lunch this afternoon and she wanted to get bubble tea when it occurred to me that the guy promised me a free milkshake. I told her "I don't think he would even remember the conversation but I still want to go, try(run an experiment)."

As soon as we entered the bubble tea joint, I noticed that some other person was attending to customers today. I did not even ask his name the last time I was there. So, I asked her if the person who runs the place was around.  She went in to call him. 

He walked out smiling. I said "You promised me a free...", did not even complete my sentence. He remembered the incident, so his response was "Which one do you want?" 

I had not even looked at the menu yet, so I said same, "strawberry/banana". They did not have it for some reason. I looked at the menu and noticed some new flavors on the menu, so I picked mango and he was quick to mention, "Mango is okay but you should really try peach, that's great!". Since, he was being so kind, I went with his suggestion.



He quickly got our drinks. His generosity made me feel bad. I asked his name.  My friend and I decided to sit there for some time, and in around 5/10 mins, he brought another drink and said "You wanted to try mango right? Here!"

This is not normal and I am so straightforward/outspoken. I asked him "Why are you so nice? You are making me feel bad". 

He smiled and said "Oh, it's just leftover". I was amazed that the whole 16 oz drink was leftover. 

Anyway, I think I am going to go back to that place. Customers really just remember the experience, not the brand, especially the most recent one!


“Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.” 
― Roy T. Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment