Search This Blog

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Ugly Duckling


Don't look at me with eyes full of wonder
Agree I, map of mine is an acute blunder
Know I, am not tall, my walk full of rise n fall
Cheeks with missing dimples, covered under the blanket of pimples
At the messy hair, please don't stare
May be am the most defective piece
Thoughts of that sort leave my mind full of stress
People usually laugh at me
I find myself lost deep in me
My heart cries 
When my eyes with others' strike
Believe me it's so full of pain
Tears have left on ma soul so many stains
To me, don't know, why God did this !
Probably cheer is what people in the world miss
Something gives to me contents' pile
I have been sent to let others smile


Disclaimer: No, I am not depressed about my looks and yes, this poem is not about me. I wrote this long back in college when I saw somebody too worried about his/her looks, tried to put myself in his/her shoes !



No comments:

Post a Comment