Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2013

Recent Vacation - Part 2

In the first part, I put in a few adjectives about Sikkim.

Now is the time to write a brief account of the journey.

Though we planned to explore North Sikkim, we could not because of the bad weather conditions and reported landslides. We then had to plan for an alternate route. We ended up exploring parts of East, South & West Sikkim.

Gangtok -> Namchi ->Ravangla ->Pelling

While the whole journey was simply awesome, the part I liked the most, was the journey from Ravangla to Pelling with a number of waterfalls on the way, Kanchenjunga Falls be the best one. I still remember  the refreshing  drops of water being splashed at, even at a considerable distance from the falls.


Motion sickness affects me for almost all lengths of travel by road. While I thought that the height and jerks would make it worse, to my surprise, motion sickness did not create any problem at all.  In fact, I loved the scenic beauty I could get hold of from that height. Drizzle, rain, dense fog, chilly wind carrying a rich natural aroma and what not, all the flavors of an awesome weather was scattered on the way. Ah, I simply loved it :)











No comments:

Post a Comment