Search This Blog

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Help ..to Paralysis?

Wherever you are and Whatever you're doing, there are always things you could help other people with. And then there are broadly two ways of doing that. 

1. Sit and do it along with them, rather for them. 
You try your best to help build a bridge for them to get out of the mess, and in the process you end up doing it for them, may be somewhere between 50 to 100 percent. This pleases people for you made somebody's life easy. 

Personally, I do not like this way of being helped or helping somebody. If someone keeps solving the problem for me without letting me do it, I will be the paralyzed one in the long run. I would rather like trying it 100 times myself, failing for all those attempts to achieve the goal 101st time, than being successful the first time without using my brains. I believe I would learn much more this way, not only the single precise way to do it but also the other 100 ways I tried, and now I know that it would not work that way. And then I would never forget what I learnt over this course of time. 





2. Explain the very meaning of it, in and out, throw away clues and let them figure it out. 
I love working with people who extend help this way. You know, those epitomes filled with absolute sense of challenge along the way, is what doubles my energy to keep marching forward. And I tend to follow the same path when somebody approaches me for help. I would always like people try it themselves, getting the whole share of their success, by earning it for themselves. I would never want somebody to be my walking stick nor would I want somebody else to be that dependent on me. It's great to be self-reliant. Nothing can be better than that.


What's your way of dealing with situations when you seek out or extend help ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Good Blog.

Post a Comment