Search This Blog

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Fear of Missing Out..!!

This very morning I came across this article which talks about the types of motivation . The good, the bad and the best motivators in the world. And I strongly believe that nothing can keep you running in the absence of that inner fuel of purpose, desire, thirst and excitement.

You know, I have thought about it a number of times. And there are a lot many people who asked me about my fears. I have been fearless for the most of my life, I don't fear almost anything in life but whenever I think about this word, the single biggest fear I always find myself struggling with is the "Fear of Missing Out" -- missing out even a single glittering chance of jumping of the cliff; the cliff of uncertainty, challenge, nuance, bizarre and what not.. There are so many different things to do in this world and a tonnes of experiments to be done and the fear of not being able to participate/witness even any one of them is daunting.






Somebody has said:
There is no telling how many miles you will have to run while chasing a dream..!!


But I have no fear of the number of miles, what I fear is to fail to experience participating in one of the races in life. People recommend of not settling down in the comfort zone and to break those shackles once they get tied up. But, I am among those bunch of people who fear that they will get stuck in the comfort zone if they don't keep moving, rather running, I don't care if this constant running would make me pant. I fear that thought of comfort, that nightmare of monotony, that wind of purposelessness, the night of sinking challenge ship and everything else in those lines..




4 comments:

The Twenty Something said...

The fear of missing out could be due to anxiety. Look it this way, your time is limited in this world and certainly it's not enough to achieve everything world could offer. So why not do what you love and enjoy it, rather than thinking about what you might be missing out? Live in the moment, so even if you miss something, you would not miss what you are doing in that moment. :)

Mukta Dhanuka said...

Hi Rohan(The Twenty Something) - great thought but the problem is not that I don't enjoy the present, I certainly do. The only concern is while I am enjoying something, I am missing something else. This is a vicious cycle you know :-)

The Twenty Something said...

I have made my peace with this problem and it took me so long to accept that I can't know everything about everything. The more I know, the more I realize that I don't and my wonder deepens. It's a never ending chase so I just enjoy what I do and allow me not to do everything. :)

Just in case you want to try to break this vicious cycle, try meditation for just 10 minutes daily. It works for me, it might help you too.

Mukta Dhanuka said...

I will try :-)

Post a Comment