Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Unforgettable Industrial Tour


Hmm..Where should I start with?

I was in 6th semester..about 15 days before the examination..we all were sitting down, studying , keeping our fingers crossed. All of us had in our mind, in one corner or the other, the hope, that examinations were really gonna be postponed..We were studying, but had this question in mind, every moment, are exams seriously going to be postponed or it's just a rumour..Suddenly, at the end of the day, while coming back from colleage campus to hostel, we heard a few people talking about this..something related to semester exams, we wanted to know what it was..

We went to a bunch of classmates to find out, this is when we came to know that the exams were postponed and we were all supposed to go for a mandatory industrial trip before the exams..Ahhaaa...where many of us were happy about the news, others were pretty excited about the industrial trip..Me and my friends had doubt, if our college and faculty are cool enough to take us for a trip..Since the classes were already over, with no dates yet declared for the final exams, many of us went to their homes..until the news come either for the trip or the exams..

Then one day, we were told about the trip, that we are all going to Shimla and Chandigarh for an industrial trip..I had a doubt, as many others, that the exams will be scheduled right in the next week the trip gets over, so wanted to avoid the trip and get indulged in studies to score some good marks..

Everyone else was packing the bags to go..and they were all very excited..

Few of my friends asked me a lot to join ..but I denied mentioning about the examination..My roommate came, with bags almost packed to go..she asked me to come too..I said "No, I don't want to", she asked me a few more times..I indeed was a lil sad, as most of my friends were going and will have lots of fun, which I was going to miss & study like a nerd.. She asked me a few more times..enough..even I wanted to go then..but I kept saying, I can't go, have to study.. But she managed to convince me somehow..We went to take permission from HOD, won't believe it, an hour before the time of departure.. My other friends joined too.. I had convinced my HOD for skipping the trip, saying that I wasn't well to go..So he said "You better don't go as you are ill." But now I wanted to ..My roommate asked a few more times, when I had already lost hope..that he will allow..Few other friends came and asked him to allow me to join..He kept saying "No".. Then finally, he told me to get consent from my parents.."Oh god, my parents had gone to attend a wedding, doubt, if they would pick my phone up"..I tried some 5-7 times, when they finally picked up my phone..some students from computer science branch had come to ask for something..Now they were asking if I am going too..I just smiled, saying nothing..Finally had to write a letter and give it to HOD, saying that I was all well to go..But then..

I did not have enough money to deposit for the trip fee..Even had no time to withdraw and deposit the money from some ATM..One of my friends deposited that for me..Now, even I was going, I could not believe that, but was a little happy about the fact..I had only 25 minutes left to finish all the packing and come to the bus. God only knows how I finished doing all the packing in just 10-15 mins, because going back from campus to the hostel itself killed around 15 minutes, since every one was asking how could my friends convince the obstinate soul to join the trip ..I still remember that..and when I came out with my bag..all my classmates & friends were a little surprised and very happy about it..as we all can have lots and lots.. and lots..of fun..together..now :)

I would really like to mention..that we really had loads of fun.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment