Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013: Year in Review

I have this habit of revisiting all the major events that occur(if any), every single day, before I sleep at night. I analyze them so that I can learn from them. It helps me know what did I do well, what I shouldn't have done or if I could improve on something I did, by doing it differently. It not only helps me learn from the past but also lets me understand what kind of person I am, my strengths that will keep me going even when the going gets tough & my weaknesses that may make me stumble, yet another day. Just being aware is like winning half the battle.  So, I have personally found it very helpful.






Likewise, while this wave sweeps away the calendar year, 2013, I got a chance to turn the page over this wonderful wonderful year as it passes by, when I tried new things, met amazingly kind people, from different walks of life and like, from every nook & corner. It was a terrific year, over the course of which, I could discover and pursue the milestones I have set for myself with laser sharp focus. It gives me a sense of tremendous satisfaction. 

I am glad that I just did not prodigally spend one more year of my life. I tried to do something worthwhile almost every single day. And when you really want to do something, you find a lot of nice people along the way who would help you and guide you and motivate you to try even harder and make the best out of all your efforts and I am no exception.   

Of course, as with everyone else, it was not 100% green for me too, there were some coarse and rough edges somewhere down the road but who cares, it can't stop me, no matter what. I will continue to be curious, to work harder & smarter, learn faster & better and to explore. I am sure I will find light at the end of the tunnel :-)

With these words in mind, I will hit the mark of 2014 on a splendid positive note and so will you, I hope!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mukta, All the best for 2014. It will be better than 2013. Stay focused. I liked your sentence "I have set for myself with laser sharp focus.". HAPPY 1ST !

Post a Comment