Search This Blog

Sunday, February 9, 2014

On Time - All the Time!

I was amazed to read this:
“Punctuality is the virtue of the bored.” - Evelyn Waugh

And a few seconds later, I read this:
"The while we keep a man waiting, he reflects on our shortcomings."  - Unknown Source
and
"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.” - Bill Watterson

Personally, I like to be in/on time for all my meetings, especially at workplace. I can still count on my fingers, the number of times I was late for something, which had a long-lasting impression of not being able to deliver on my own expectations.  I hate it, to be late, not that I am judging you but my own-self. But often times, I feel like the person in the animation below:




I am not a big fan of people who in general show-up late for almost all confabs and then take pride in that.

I know of a few people who are busy bees. I totally understand that sometimes, it becomes too hard to keep track of time. It’s like sand slipping through your fist. They acknowledge it, instead of running away from it. No one can be perfect, good at everything in the world and that’s fine. I totally respect it.

However, there are some people who either show up late or would fail to turn up for a meeting at all. On the top of it, when you text them inquiring of any emergencies, they do not really feel the need to communicate of their unavailability, feeling sorry about it, is totally out of question. This sends signals which I can’t imagine anyone would ever like to.

Anyways, I will conclude it with this quote.




 What's your opinion? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very important to be punctual in as many aspects as possible...if work life as well as in personal life....it creates/enhances few things - impression, confidence, reliability and after all good relationship.

GvSparx - Laughter riots and love bites said...

I always like to reach in time. But when you are the only one reaching the place where 3 more people were supposed to be some 10 minutes back, you begin to question their sincerity and later your over-sincerity.

Post a Comment