Search This Blog

Friday, July 18, 2014

Random Act of Kindness - 1

Lot many discussions of late made me think and rethink about the intensity with which cynicism is scaling up. Media is busy selling negativity, which by and large emphasizes that humanity is dying. I have hardly ever seen any news in the recent past with kindliness propaganda.

Anyways..

“Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” 
― Desmond Tutu

Having had a conversation on this topic some time ago, I decided to post one accidental act of kindness I witness(ed), at least once a week. I am sure altruistic ripples are in abundance too, if only we start paying attention.



I was walking down my way to home. There were two poor little boys slightly ahead of me. In a fraction of seconds, I noticed a girl trying to catch up with them. She managed to overtake and then asked them to stop. I was amazed, so were those two. I cut down my speed because I wondered what she was up to.

She looked for something in her bag. And the very next moment, she handed over a chocolate bar to two of them. I could see how their eyes lit up with awe. They stared at her in stupefaction. She smiled and walked away!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to share to diminish the speed of negativity.

Post a Comment