Search This Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2011

I never knew that Facebook is so important


And that's when I realized Facebook exists

For some things that we do, we don't even think of before doing..And that's how we create trouble for ourselves..
I did the same mistake..hey am a human being too..

It's a page turned over from my college saga, my college's last semester to be precise. Facebook did not exist to me till that time. I just had a profile, that's because some or the other friend had sent an invitation. But I never bothered to use it. As many other invitations, I had got a request from some community, I did not even bother to read the name. I used to accept almost all the invitations, because I never used facebook, so for me it was just a click, which never mattered.

There was a common HOD for computer science and information technology. Even though we were hostel mates and friends, whenever it was I.T. v/s computer science, we used to defend out branch and classmates like kids.

After a month or two, three of us, as like any other usual day, were sitting down in the college lawn, after dinner. Few more of our friends joined.That's when we came to know that there was a rumour all over the campus that a few computer science students have been called by the Head Of the Department. There was a curiosity for sure since we were from I.T., so anything related to our HOD, computer science or I.T. was important. :)
One of them mentioned that some random community was created a few months ago, all those who are involved or are members are being called. I did not bother because I thought I was safe because I never used facebook. But I was wrong, I came to know the very next morning. After computer science, few of us(I.T. students) were called, felt as if we were summonned by the court of law.


As soon as we reached there, the HOD told me that it wasn't expected from students like you. He asked us "You must be aware why you have been called". Many of us said yes, but I guess so but I was not sure. He told a few things like the community...members..I tried to join the links...and that's when I realized one of those clicks have screwed my life. He asked me to come back next year for last semester, those words.. I felt as if something has drilled my head. I tried to expain but he was not interested. I mentioned that may be I have joined by mistake, because I never cared for facebook and its invitations, but everything seemed to be meaningless to him. Then he says this way you will join some terrorist group/event invitation some other day, a question, for which I had no answer at all. We were asked to come again the following day.

Next day..
Our cell phones were confiscated as soon as we entered the room. Three of the faculty members including HOD were sitting down like Supreme Court judges..They blasted so much on us..Then started checking our messages, pictures, call log and all. I had no idea what was going on. Suddenly they asked two of us to call their parents and ask them to come there as soon as possible, we had no clue what was going to happen. One of the parents, one classmate's father came and then happened something which I had not expected by any chance.

They declared that two of our classmates, manipulate Santa Banta jokes with the HOD's and one of the faculty member's name, forward it to everyone. They have created an anti HOD community and all. His father was very angry and he slapped him very hard in front of everyone for quiet a lot of times. All of us felt very bad. But we could do nothing. We were told so many things, I was never scolded so much in my entire student life. Those two days were like something ...unexplainable....

One of the memories..which was not at all good.. a page that I would like to tear off ..

3 comments:

STAR said...

:)most memorable moment of my life too...

Mukta Dhanuka said...

:)

Anonymous said...

:) :) :)

Post a Comment